Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Back at home...

We drove all day and arrived back home this evening.  As sad as I was to leave Chicago, it is nice to be home again.  We are unpacked and I've started the laundry, so we are back to pretty much normal here.

Yesterday, our last day in Chicago, we went to Shedd Aquarium, which I hadn't been to since I was a senior in high school (many years ago).  They have made many improvements since then, and I really enjoyed it, and so did the rest of the family.  Here are a couple of my favorite pictures:








After the aquarium, we had lunch at Navy pier, and went on the Ferris Wheel.  The day was absolutely gorgeous.






We did a little shopping on Michigan Avenue, and then headed back to the hotel for a nap.  After dinner, we watched "Parental Guidance" and just had a really nice quiet family evening.

This morning we were on the road to head home.  It was a long drive full of storms, traffic, and road construction, but after 9 hours, we made it home safely.

I'm planning on a run in the morning before work.  I need to look for some local races for August and September, because I am in race withdrawl mode right now, and can't wait until September 28, which is my next half.

















No comments:

Post a Comment