Saturday, July 20, 2013

Chicago - Day 3

After hubby got back from his lakefront run this morning, we decided to head out to the suburbs to see a few of the places I remember growing up and get some lunch.  At his run, he got a couple coupons for free cases of water.  I thought that was so cool - I mean, we can always use water in my house.  So we dropped in at the grocery store where I had my first job, and got not one, but two, cases of water, for free.

And, my kids got to see where their mom got her first paycheck.

(not a great picture - the sun was glaring and I couldn't see the screen on my phone, so I just pointed, shot, and hoped for the best, lol)

Then we drove by my old house, and the site of my high school, which was torn down earlier this year to make room for something new.  I'm not sure exactly what they are building there, but it was major construction.



So sad!

Then we headed to this little candy store in my hometown.  It's literally a tiny little cubby hole, and you grab a bag and fill it with your favorite candies.  My daughter tells me this is her favorite part of the whole trip!


After that, it was time to head to lunch at a really cool deli I went to a lot as a kid.




I loved the sign they had there:



I had a delicious veggie sub.  So good!


After a yummy lunch, we drove around a bit more, and then headed back to the hotel.  We enjoyed a little relaxation time and then enjoyed dinner at Gino's East.


Before bed, we got all of our race things laid out and ready to go.  As I write this it is just before 5am, and I'm eating my pre-race breakfast and drinking my Nuun.  I didn't sleep well at all.  I think I was afraid that if I actually fell asleep, I would oversleep, so I kept getting up to check the time.  

Next post will hopefully be a great race report!









No comments:

Post a Comment