Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sunday Recap

I had a good 10 mile long run today.  It was hot, but I made it through with no problem, and my time was within a minute of last week, when it was cloudy and a bit cooler than today.  I consider that a win!  



Next week I have 11 miles on my plan, with 5 weeks to go until the Nashville Women's Half Marathon, and 6 weeks until the Tower of Terror 10-Miler (my first runDisney race!!).

This was also my first week on Weight Watchers, and I lost 2 pounds!  I'm getting very close to the 130's!  

I also bought this skirt for my Tower of Terror costume:


I've still got to buy the other components, but I'm really excited about the skirt.  This will not only be the first race I've dressed up for, but this is also the first running skirt I've ever bought.  I hope I like running in a skirt, and that I don't look too goofy!

I also signed up to run a virtual 5-mile run next weekend from the MommyRunFast blog:

http://www.mommyrunfast.com/labordayvirtualrun/

Check out the link above!  There are a lot of cool prizes!

What's up for the week ahead?

1.  I'm hoping to be more consistent with my early morning running.  I was up at 4:45 am every morning last week, but I would like to run more mileage on these runs, at least 2-3 days a week.

2.  I ordered a shirt from Danielle at the T-Rex Runner, and I think it's supposed to arrive this week.  She's such an inspiration, and I'm so excited to have one of her shirts.  She said that these shirts are famous for PR's, so I'm thinking that I'll be wearing it for the Women's Half next month!  I will probably get a lime green Sparkly Soul headband to go with it.

3.  I want to have another great week on Weight Watchers this week - I would love to see the 130's for my next official weigh in!!

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 10 miles and on losing 2 lbs! That skirt is adorable!! I love my running skirts and prefer them over anything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to try out my new skirt!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the 10 miles and the weight loss! And I just LOVE that skirt!!! So cute!!! I guarantee you'll love running in a skirt! :-)

    ReplyDelete