Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday wrap-up!

Another crazy week in the books!  Here's the highlights:

1.  I joined Weight Watchers online!  I had been eating low-fat vegan for the two weeks since I started Swim-Bike-Mom's Eight to Great.  By the end of week two, I was feeling very bad.  Low energy, stomach issues, and generally not myself.  So I decided to go back to my vegetarian lifestyle, but I also decided to join WW to help me stay on target.  I have used WW twice to lose weight before, and both times I got to goal and decided I was good and didn't need it anymore.  I'm older and wiser now, plus, I've added fitness into the mix, so I am excited that I will reach my goal.  The program has changed a little since I was last on it, but the app has been great and I'm happily tracking, and feeling much, much better.  If you are on WW and have any tips, please let me know!

2.  I won a prize!  I was so excited to learn that I won a prize from Running Rachel's blog and Sparkly Soul (to celebrate @RunningRachel's 4000th Twitter follower).  I got to pick a Sparkly Soul headband, so I chose a wide, red one, which I'm hoping will look great with the costume I have in mind for the Tower of Terror 10-miler in October.  Thanks to both Running Rachel and Sparkly Soul for a great prize - I love it!!

Wearing my new Sparkly Soul headband on today's 10 mile run!

3.  I'm having my first giveaway!  Here's the deal...on the same day that I received my prize, I received a second envelope from Sparkly Soul.  Curiously, I opened the second envelope to find two additional headbands - a wide black satin one and a narrow coppery colored one.  I emailed Sparkly Soul right away, because I was worried that someone else's order got accidentally sent to me, and they would be missing it.  I offered to mail the extras back so they could get them to the rightful owner too.

I received an email back from Pamela at Sparkly Soul who was very sweet and said that I should keep the extra sparkle, or share it with a friend.  So, I decided to share!  My daughter has been a little envious of my new sparkle since I got my first ones a few weeks ago.  I decided to share one with her, and one with a lucky reader here.  She chose the sparkly copper one, so my first giveaway is a beautiful wide (5/8") black satin (no sparkle) Sparkly Soul headband!

Still in its original package - never worn!

Here's how to enter:

1.  Leave a comment - tell me where you would wear this awesome Sparkly Soul headband!
2.  Follow Dare-Run-Share on Bloglovin' and leave a comment telling me you did.
3.  Follow me on Twitter - @JenMcCormick40 - and leave a comment to tell me you did.
4.  Tweet about this giveaway, and of course, leave me a comment so that I know you did.

Entries will be accepted until Saturday, August 24, 2013 at 11:59 pm.  I will announce the winner next Sunday, August 25.

I hope you have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment