Sunday, November 3, 2013

Happy 2nd Runniversary to me! 11/19/13

I began my first (successful) attempt at Couch to 5K on November 19, 2011.

My first year of running I went from nothing to successfully running both 5K races and a 10K with no walking.  I trained for a half marathon.  And I lost nearly 50 pounds.

In my second year of running I...

Ran my first half marathon - 12/9/12 - Santa Hustle, Sevierville, TN  2:55:56

And then I ran three more:
2nd half marathon - 3/9/13 - Tom King Classic, Nashville, TN 2:49:37

3rd Half Marathon - 7/21/13 - Rock n Roll Chicago Half, Chicago IL 3:01:57

4th Half Marathon - 9/28/13 - Nashville Women's Half, Nashville, TN  3:02:50


I also ran my first runDisney race.

Tower of Terror 10 Miler - 10/5/13 - 2:27:07


I am proud of the races I have run, and that I am well on my way to meeting my goal of 1000 miles in 2013, which will more than double my 2012 mileage.

But for my third year of running, I have several goals/aspirations:

1.  Reach my weight loss goal.  I need to lose another 30 or so pounds to be in a healthy BMI range for my height.  I know to accomplish this, I have to get serious about tracking my food, and I also think that I need to add strength training to my fitness routine.

2.  Improve my half marathon time.  I would someday like to run a sub-2:30 half.  I don't know if that will be in the next year or not.

3.  Improve my 5K time.  (and run sub-30, at least once, maybe not this year, but someday)

4.  Consider the marathon.  Seriously.  It seems like climbing Mount Everest to me right now.  But I know that 2 years ago, running 13 miles seemed like that too.

5.  Love myself and my accomplishments.  Stop comparing myself to everyone else.  Run my own races, one mile at a time.  Be proud of who I am, and what I accomplish, even if I'm not as fast, thin, or beautiful as everyone else.


Thank you so much to everyone who has been following my journey and cheering me on!  I appreciate your support and encouragement so very much!!









2 comments:

  1. Happy 2nd Runiversary!! I absolutely believe you can run a sub 30 5k AND a 2:30 half next year. No doubt about it!! I also like #4. :) You should do it! At least once!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! I know about #4. I keep talking about it, but I just need to pick one and commit!

      Delete