Thursday, December 5, 2013

Hard Week

It's been a difficult week for me.  I thought I was back on track after a great Thanksgiving break filled with 4 excellent runs.  Then Monday hit and it was back to work.   Not only was it back to work, but I started feeling sick.  I don't know what it is.  My stomach has been bothering me - a lot.  So much so that I've had trouble sleeping.  And running.  In fact, no running Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday for me.

I have my running clothes/shoes set out for when I get home tonight.  I'm planning to run.

In other news, I bought hubby's birthday present (and gave it to him a few weeks early).  His birthday is the 22nd, and oftentimes it gets crowded in with Christmas.  So, I decided to surprise him early with his present...

His second marathon!

We had been talking about running the Kentucky Derby Marathon/Half-Marathon, and I just decided to go ahead and sign us up.  He wanted to run another spring marathon, and I'm going to tag along and run the half.  So, now I have four half marathons scheduled between now and April.  That should help keep me motivated!

I love presents for hubby that are also presents for me!  (i.e. I signed us up for the Tower of Terror 10-Miler as a Valentine's Day present earlier this year.)

That about sums up my week!  Sorry for the lack of pictures - there hasn't been a lot of picture worthy stuff this week.  I'm looking forward to the weekend though - my "baby" boy turns 16 on Saturday, and on Sunday we'll put up the Christmas decorations.  I can't wait!

Enjoy the rest of your week!  Good luck to everyone running races this weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. I'm running the derby half too! It's supposed to be a great race.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard good things about it too. We'll have to try to meet up!

      Delete
  2. That's so exciting! I won't be able to run it, but maybe I'll volunteer! You, Julie and me should all meet up for sure!!

    ReplyDelete