Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Weekly Chase #10

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready to start another week!  It's that time again - to reflect on last week's goals, and make some new ones for this week.


Here's my recap from last week:

1.  Continue my 1 mile a day streak, and log a total of at least 20 miles, including a 12- mile long run next weekend.   Almost!  I continued my streak, logged 20+ miles, but only ended up with 10 miles on Sunday, instead of 12.  

2.  Keep a daily food log.   Almost 100%...I kept my log 6 out of 7 days.  

3.  Get back to normal routine and catch up on blogging (and my taxes!). I think I did a pretty good job with this one.  The taxes are done, and I'm caught up on reading/commenting on blogs.  

4.  Read "Jesus Calling" everyday.  I would like to be more consistent with my daily reflection time, and I think Jesus Calling is a good place to start.  Yes!  I did this everyday.


So, what are my goals for this week?

1.  Finalize details and have a great inaugural 5K at my school on Saturday.  While I'm not officially the "race director," we are a small school, and I've been working very closely with the RD and our school secretary to get everything right.  I went to the course 4 times after school last week to work on logistics, and the RD and I are finalizing things after school today.  

2.  Run a good long run of at least 10 miles next weekend.  I have my next half in less than three weeks, and my long runs have been coming up short the last few weeks (due to time constraints, not lack of motivation or any other problems).  Next Saturday will be busy with our race, but I'm hoping to have great weather and enough time next Sunday to get a great long run in.  I'd prefer 13 miles, but I'll settle for 10.

3.  Continue my daily food log.  This has been working really well for me, and has kept me conscious of my choices without feeling like I'm on a restrictive diet.

4.  Continue my two successful streaks from last week.  Last week I successfully continued my run/walk at least one mile a day streak, as well as reading "Jesus Calling" every single day.  I'm at day 13 of my 1 mile streak, and day 8 for Jesus Calling.  It's amazing how much better I feel about everything when I stick with a routine!

That's about it!  Another busy, busy week.  But there is a reward at the end - hubby is taking me next Sunday to see Wicked for my birthday.  I can't wait!

What goals are you chasing this week?  Have a great one!

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo Jen! You did great last week! I know you will do awesome this week too! I'm so jealous you're going to see Wicked!!! Fun! Take lots of pics for me! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mindy! 5 years ago you couldn't have paid my husband a million dollars to see a musical or broadway show, but last year he bought me tickets to The Lion King for my birthday, and he thought he would live through the boredom just once for me. He actually loved it, and now he is as excited about seeing Wicked as I am!

      Delete