It's time for the weekly chase!
But before I share this week's goals, let's recap last week's:
#1 - Have fun and finish my half on Saturday. Done! Saturday was a beautiful day and I had a fun time running half #7, which also qualified me for Half Fanatics. I will do a full race report later this week.
#2 - Hydrate and fuel this week to run a good race. Done! I really paid attention to my hydration and healthy food choices this week.
#3 - Continue to stop that negative self-talk. Did a good job with this one too! Part of my Lenten sacrifices is actually an odd one to most people, but for me, it's huge. I gave up the scale. I am not going to weigh myself during Lent. The first few days I was really tempted (because I'm a little psychotic about the scale and would weigh myself 3-4 times a day typically) but I'm getting used to leaving it alone. I think this has really helped me feel better about myself. I am actually excited to see my race pictures this time. I know that I don't look any different, but I felt more confident in my skin, if that makes any sense.
Goals for this week:
#1 - Make healthy food choices and hydrate well. I am not tracking my food on MFP right now either, but I am keeping a food journal. I plan to continue eating healthy foods in moderation and drinking lots of water.
#2 - Log at least 20 miles this week, including a long run next weekend of 10 miles. I am six weeks away from my next half (Kentucky Derby). I had so many races in my quest for Half Fanatics (plus things like Hot Chocolate 15K thrown in there) that I was not very consistent with my training for the half I just ran. I know I only have six weeks until the next one, but I want to make sure that I stay consistent with my training and weekly miles. I don't know if a PR is possible, but I certainly don't want to rule it out.
#3 - Continue my daily yoga and reflection time each morning. Along with my hiatus from the scale and counting calories, for Lent I also added a morning yoga session, followed by reading my devotional and reflecting in my journal. I am really enjoying this time in the morning, and I tend to have more quality runs when I save them for the evening, because I usually have more time.
Well, that's it for this week. I hope you have a great week, and that you acheive all of those goals you are chasing!


Congrats Jen on a great week of achieving your goals!!! Good luck this week too!!! I hope that long run goes well!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much, Mindy!
DeleteCongrats on making it in the Half Fanatics! That is so awesome!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I knew you were running the Ky derby half!! I'm not running it, but I'll be there handing out the medals. Let's make sure to meet up!
Thank you, Katie! We will definitely have to meet up at the Derby Half! That would be so awesome to get to hand out the medals! Hubby and I were just talking about needing to volunteer at a race soon.
Delete