Happy Monday! It's time for The Weekly Chase! I'm a little late as last night hubby took me to see Wicked for my birthday.
It was a fabulous show and we had a wonderful time!
Here's a recap of last week's goals:
1. Finalize details and have a great inaugural 5K at my school on Saturday. Done! I'm exhausted, but we had a great first race, and I hope that it grows and we continue to have this race for years to come!
2. Run a good long run of at least 10 miles next weekend. Yes, and no. I did log 10 miles yesterday, but most of it ended up being walking. I started out well, and about mile 3, my left foot/ankle started bothering me. It got more painful the more I ran, so I started walking. Gradually the pain went away, so I'd start running again, and the pain immediately came back. After a few more of these cycles of trying to run, I decided that I would finish the miles by walking, since I could walk without pain. I'm hoping this was a result of shoes that are about ready to retire.
3. Continue my daily food log. Yes! I had another good week. I'm not as good about logging food on the weekends, but I'm definitely more conscious of my choices and have not been overeating.
4. Continue my two successful streaks from last week. Yes, and yes! I read Jesus Calling everyday, and continued my streak or running and/or walking at least 1 mile a day, for a total of 20 days so far.
And now...the goals I am chasing this week...
1. Continue my streaks for daily reflection and Jesus Calling, as well as my run/walk at least 1 mile per day.
2. Stick to healthy food choices despite a busy schedule this week. We've got lots of activities this week for the kids and dinner is going to be quick most nights this week. I don't want to let this to derail my healthy eating.
3. Catch up on blogging. I need to write race reports for the Color Run and SJV Wildcat 5K, and I'd like to get them both finished this week.
What goals are you chasing this week? Good luck! Have a great week!


Great job on your goals Jen!!! Good luck this week too! You also need to write a recap of Wicked!!! I so want to hear all about it! ;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mindy! Great idea! I will work on a Wicked post!
DeleteI would love to see Wicked sometime! I hope you had a great birthday.
ReplyDeleteI've heard SO many good things about Jesus Calling, I need to get that! Congrats on keeping the streak going, I hope your foot feels better!
Thanks, Katie. I had a very nice, quiet birthday. It was perfect! I love Jesus Calling. I always feel like it applies perfectly to my life everyday. My foot is better, but still not 100%. I'm resting more, hoping that it's much better for next Saturday!
Delete