But not only did I run the 4 miles without walking, I ran a strong race, with negative splits, and lots of energy at the end, which leads me to believe I could have probably pushed a little more. But I was really happy with the race and my performance.
Sunday morning Megan and I had a long run of 9 miles (a distance PR for her) in our training for the Nashville Women's Half in September. It was the hottest, most humid morning we've had so far this summer, and as a teenager, she doesn't like to get up early at all. I managed to get her up and moving and we left the house a little after 7. I decided that we would do the 3 mile loop through our neighborhood 3 times, and I set up a little aid station by our house with a cooler with our water/Nuun bottles.
For extra motivation and to help the miles go by faster, I challenged her to find one picture worthy thing to take every mile. Early on, she decided that we would alternate miles. I had to laugh at our collection of pictures. I seemed to always find pretty flowers, and she found the most random, strange things, like empty beer bottles, a piece of bread with ants on it, and a baby's pacifier, to name a few.
Here are a few of our pictures:
I was so proud of her when we finished. I can't wait to cross the finish line with her in September!
1. Continue with week 4 of my training plan, and log 20 miles this week for the Summer Run Challenge. Done! I had a hard time this week feeling like a runner, but I got all my runs in and logged 25 miles. Saturday's race was really what I needed. It was such a good run, and I felt close to where I was last fall.
2. Stay at or under my target calories everyday this week. Done! I have been at or under my calorie goal for 16 consecutive days now. Sunday night was the hardest. I'm trying not to eat the calories I "earn" from running, and I don't know if it was all in my head or not, but I really wanted to snack while we watched a movie, but I was strong and did not give in to the temptation.
3. Read "Jesus Calling" everyday. Done! I love this book!
4. Catch up at work. I got a lot done last week, and I have one more busy week before the new school year starts.
Now, here's what I am working to accomplish this week:
1. Continue with week 5 of my training plan, and log 22 miles this week for the Summer Run Challenge.
2. Stay at or under my target calories everyday this week.
3. Continue to read "Jesus Calling" everyday.
4. Finish my online summer class, teacher summer reading, and clean the home office. This is my last week of "summer hours," and I need to stop procrastinating at home and get as much done as possible before life gets hectic again.
That's all for this week! I hope you all have a wonderful week and that you reach all your goals!





Awesome job on your 4 miler! I love that shirt. I have one that says 'prince', I love how they changed it to 'pr'!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea to take an interesting picture every mile of your run. I'm sure that helped her get through it. Have a good week!
Thanks, Katie! My shirt was actually a good conversation starter at the race. I met a woman who saw that it was Another Mother Runner shirt, and we had a really nice talk while waiting for the awards.
DeleteI hope you have a great week too!!
Great job on your race Jen! And on your long run with Megan! You rocked your goals last week! Good luck this week too!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mindy! I think this long run was the first time it dawned on Megan that she can actually accomplish the half in September. When we finished 9 miles, I told her only 4 more to the finish line, and she smiled and said that was nothing. I'm so proud of her!
Delete