The reason I haven't been blogging lately is really difficult for me to write, because somehow writing it makes it more real. My dad has been diagnosed with an agressive form of skin cancer. He had one surgery this week, from which they made the diagnosis, and has been scheduled for a second surgery next month to determine if they were able to get it all at that location, and if it has spread. Once he has that surgery, we will find out a lot more about his prognosis and treatments.
Since I've found out, I've been a mess. I can't eat, and I feel like talking about running and losing weight seems so petty for me to blog about when my dad is facing this.
I will say that distraction is good. The best part of my week was when I was teaching, because I have to put all of my focus on my students, and my mind can't wander and worry. I'm nervous about my runs this weekend, because I'm afraid that with all that time to think, I'm going to be a hysterical mess.
I know that I have to find a new normal. This isn't going away, but I can't stop living. I need to be strong to support my parents, and to continue being a wife and mother for my husband and kids.
So, if you have happened to wander over to my blog after reading Mindy's Spotlight Post, please forgive my lack of running and weight loss posts recently, and know that I hope to return to my regular posting soon.
Thanks for reading!
Oh Jen! I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad! I'll keep him, you, and your family in my prayers. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteThank you Mindy for the hugs and the prayers. I truly appreciate them!
DeleteI've been wondering where you are. I'm so sorry Jen. I can't imagine going through that. I hope your runs went ok, I've had many runs where I cry the whole way through. I feel much better afterwards too! I'll be praying for your dad and that God gives you strength to get through this.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Katie. My runs were awful, probably because I haven't been eating. I've lost 6 pounds this week, and I just felt weak on my runs. I cut my long run short yesterday because I felt so bad. Thank you so much for the prayers!
DeleteWhat a horrible way to lose weight. :( I'm praying for you!
Delete