Saturday, May 9, 2015

Weigh in Wednesday #4 (and yes, I know it is Saturday)

Good morning!  My week of stress at work spilled over into a second week, so a Weigh In Wednesday post that actually got posted on Wednesday just didn't happen.

Despite the stress, I feel a little more hopeful and positive this week.  As I mentioned in my Weekly Chase post, I am taking a break from My Fitness Pal, and just trying to make healthier choices.  I've also given up taking allergy medicine to cope with my symptoms, because the run down, tired feeling that seems to be a side affect of the meds were just not worth the relief they provided.  I have also been striving to take my multivitamin this week.  I don't know if any of these strategies helped me deal better with my stress, but I felt better overall.

One of the problems this week was trying to fit in my workouts.  Working 12+ hour days, and trying to be a good mom, with all the responsibilities that go with that, just didn't give me the time to run.  So since the Country Music Half two weeks ago, I've only run once.  Part of me feels like a failure because of that, but another part of me feels like maybe I needed a little break, because I had been training non stop for half after half after half.  I have two more half marathons planned (one in June, one in July) and then, marathon training will begin.  So perhaps a little break was warranted.  Regardless, the break has to be over now, and I have to fit in at least one run during the week to keep up with my training plan.  

Here are my stats from last week:

Wednesday, 4/29 - 2398 calories - rest

Thursday, 4/30 - didn't count calories (and have not since this day) - rest

Friday, 5/1 - rest

Saturday, 5/2 - 3 mile run

Sunday, 5/3 - rest

Monday, 5/4 - 2 mile walk

Tuesday, 5/5 - rest


And the results of this past Wednesday's Weigh In:

Last week 4/29 - 146.6
Today 5/6 - 146.4

Net loss this week:  -0.2 pounds
Loss since restart:  -0.6 pounds
Total loss since November, 2011:  45.8 pounds


Considering the lack of exercise and lack of tracking, I consider this a win!  I noticed this week I paid attention more to my hunger cues than just eating by the clock.  For example, when I'm tracking, I eat lunch at 11:00 on the dot, and I cannot wait.  I also hit the fridge the moment I get home many times, and snack while I'm cooking dinner.  But this week, I wasn't hungry at 11:00, so I waited to eat until I was.  And a major win for me - I did not snack when I got home at all.  

Part of me feels a bit of anxiety about not tracking, and this morning, I confess, I almost started counting because I felt like I needed to start losing more quickly.  But after reflecting on the week, I haven't gained weight, and I have been less stressed about food, and clearly my habits have been better, so it's something I need to stick with, at least for now.

Thanks for reading, and for your putting up with my sporadic posts!

How are your weight and training goals going this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment