She just stood there and watched me, and I couldn't help but stop a minute and snap a few pictures.
Now to my deep thoughts...
Yesterday I tried to eat more slowly, and lunch went okay, but dinner, not so much. While thinking on my run today, I realized that it is my nature to push back against the need to count calories. When it's been a new thing in my life, it's fun and novel, but over time, I hate it. I want to be able to eat what I want, when I want it. I'm like a selfish, petulant child. So over the years, any "diet" that didn't force me to count things was a great distraction, for a while. But diets never work, at least not for me.
But keeping a food log, and monitoring my caloric intake, as much as I hate it sometimes, is a necessary evil. I want to be healthy. I want to live a long time for my husband and children. So despite the fact that I want to be able to be like some people who can eat whatever they want, I can't. I have a problem with food and maintaining a healthy weight. I always have. And if I want to conquer it, I have to do the hard work. I have to make sacrifices.
So, I'm dedicated to making the sacrifices to help me lose the last 30 pounds I need to lose to be at a healthy weight. I'm hopeful that I can use this blog for accountability.
To be accountable, my weight this morning was 148 pounds. My ideal weight is 115 pounds.
I'm going to set up baby goals. My first goal is to count my calories for the next seven days, staying between 1200-1500 calories each day.
Some positive news to end on...I ran 125 miles in June...a new monthly high for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment