I just spent the last 45 minutes catching up on all the great blogs I follow on bloglovin, and I thought I would write a quick post before I go out for a measly 5 mile run (a little sad that it's taper week).
My major life updates are:
1. Had a wonderful time with my mom and daughter in Atlanta. This was our fifth annual trip, which we started when my daughter first got interested in American Girl dolls. We would go to the store, and hang out, etc. Now that she's a teenager, we shop 'til we drop (at least mom and I are the ones dropping - daughter could shop forever), get manicures, hang out by the pool, and watch obscene amounts of Food Network (my daughter's current favorite channel).
2. After returning from camping last Monday, my weight was embarrassingly high - back in the 150's! I knew what I had been doing was not working and I had to make a change. I decided rather than focusing on quantity (i.e. tracking calories only), I would focus on quality, fueling my body like an athlete, and focusing on my own physical hunger. I got a notebook and write down what I eat when, and any other notes from the day. I'm happy to report that even while being out of town for three days, I lost a pound and a half.
3. I was so excited to have some new places to run while I was out of town, and happened to mention it to hubby when we were walking a few nights before I left. He told me in no uncertain terms that he didn't think it was safe for me to run by myself in unfamiliar territory, and so I promised him I wouldn't and left my Garmin at home so I wouldn't even be tempted. I did however get up early and use the hotel's fitness room treadmill. I learned that a.) the hotel treadmill is so much nicer than the 10+ year old Walmart one I have, and b.) staring out the window at a cool, cloudy, breezy morning while sweating on the treadmill is absolute torture.

No comments:
Post a Comment