Saturday, July 27, 2013

Day One Accountability Review

Well I decided I would do a combo plan for accountability - I'm tracking my calories on My Fitness Pal, but I'm also snapping a pic of everything I eat, and will post it on my blog.  Boy, did that keep me on track yesterday!  I had a somewhat stressful day, and my go-to stress relief is snacking as soon as I walk in the door.  I resisted yesterday, knowing I had committed to report everything I ate.

Before I share, I will give you a quick disclaimer.  I'm all about all things in moderation and making this real so that this is a lifestyle, not a diet.  So, my food choices are not always perfect.


For breakfast, I ate a Kashi bar.  This is my normal breakfast.  I had been eating the pumpkin chocolate chip flavor for a long time, but the other day at the store, I noticed they had a new flavor - Apple Cobbler - and I really like that one too.  I also had a bottle of water with half a Nuun tablet.

For lunch, hubby called me at work and asked if I wanted to meet for lunch.  We went to Lime Deli, which is a small place on our town square that serves sandwiches and salads with a Mexican twist.  I always have the grilled vegetable sandwich.  I did have chips, and usually I would eat baked chips, but they were out.  There was also a pickle and small slice of cantaloupe.

For Friday dinner, more often than not, we go to our favorite little Mexican restaurant and hubby, daughter and I share the chicken fajitas (I only eat the fajita veggies).  Usually I eat freely from the chip basket, and eat more queso than salsa, but yesterday, I counted out six chips, and ate them with salsa - no queso for me.  Then I had two tortillas filled with veggies, guacamole, and sour cream.  On the way home, hubby wanted dessert (we tease him that "ice cream makes him happy").  At first, I told him I didn't want anything, and he was a little irritated with me that I wouldn't have a little something, so I had an ice cream cone.

Total calories for the day:  1416

This morning my weight was down 2.4 pounds, which I know is probably water weight, but it's nice to see the scale go down.

I didn't run yesterday, but I'll be heading out in a little while for a few miles.   Tomorrow I'm planning on a 10 mile long run.  

Hope all of you have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment