Wednesday, September 25, 2013

What is wrong with me?

I haven't run since Sunday!  I hit snooze and have slept in and skipped my morning run every morning this week.  On Monday, my excuse was that I had to go to a work meeting, and it didn't matter anyway because I am "tapering" for Saturday's race.  On Tuesday, I convinced myself I would run after work, even though I knew that I had a 4:30 pm dentist appointment and I would have to make dinner as soon as I got home.  This morning, I woke up with a headache, so I went back to bed when my alarm went off at 4:45 am.

Now I just saw this on Facebook...


...and it made me want to cry.  No I didn't run today.

What is wrong with me?

2 comments:

  1. I know you're probably sick of me commenting, lol! But I can relate to you.
    I have days like this all the time!! I love and look forward to my long weekend runs, but my shorter runs during the week, it seems like I'm always coming up with excuses as to why I can't do it! I'm doing good if I can get one run in during the week. I often wonder what's wrong with me too, because I love running!
    But we can't beat ourselves up over it. Tomorrow is a new day, let's try again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you kidding me? I truly appreciate your replies! Thank you for the pep talk and encouragement. It really helps to know that I'm not the only one who's ever felt this way. You are right - tomorrow is another day! Thanks again!!

      Delete