Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Mid-week Check In

It's Wednesday, and so far this week, there has been good and bad:

The good:

*I got up both Monday and Tuesday morning to workout - just a walk on Monday after Sunday's speedwork, and then a short run on Tuesday morning.


The bad:

*My eating has been terrible.  I'm maintaining my weight, but I know that I am doing a terrible job fueling my body.  

*My foot is a little sore after yesterday's run.  I ran with my inserts in my shoes for the first time, so I'm thinking that may be the reason.  I'm resting this morning, and will either run tonight (if time allows) or definitely tomorrow morning, without the inserts, and see if things improve.


I had a running nightmare last night.  Hubby is running his first 50-Miler on Saturday.  He's asked me to run with him for the last few miles, where he thinks he'll need the most encouragement.  He's assured me that by the end of that race, I won't slow him down, and that it will be a welcome relief to run at my pace.  I've got an 11-mile long run scheduled for this weekend, so we're hoping to time it that I can run about 5 1/2 miles in from the finish line, meet up with him, and turn around to finish the race with him.

I'm excited about hopefully helping him finish this milestone, even in a small way, but my nightmare last night was awful.  We got to the race late (2pm - it starts at 7am, and there's a 12-hour cutoff) and hubby told me that instead of running with him, that I should run the 50K (this race has a 50K, 60K, 70K, and 50-Mile race), because "if you've run a half marathon, you can run a 50K."  I kept arguing with him that there was no way I could run a 50K, and that I certainly couldn't finish in 5 hours, but he was insistent.  

I woke up then, so I don't know how that would've played out, but images of my blistered, chaffed, broken body lying on the side of the course keep playing out in my mind.

I told him about the dream when I got up and he thought it was funny.  

I hope you are all having a great week!  

2 comments:

  1. Your nightmare was scary...and hilarious!! I'm really excited to hear about his 50 miler. That's awesome that you get to finish it with him!!
    I hope your foot is better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! He is running right now! I'm planning on heading back to the finish to start my trek to meet up with him later this afternoon. My foot is feeling better. I'm thinking it must be the inserts, but I think I caught it quickly enough not to be much of a problem.

      Delete