I posted last Sunday about wanting...needing to get my act together and lose the rest of the weight I've got to lose.
Then Monday hit. I had an extremely difficult week at work. It was the kind of week that made me think that I need to quit my job, which is something I don't really want to do.
I let the stress get to me. I ate too much, and didn't run or exercise at all.
My 2nd Runniversary was on Tuesday, and I had worked on that post for a few weeks leading up to the day. I am proud of all of my accomplishments in the past year, but know that I still have a long way to go.
After shortening the long run I had planned for last Sunday, I didn't run Monday or Tuesday. I felt frustrated and thought my motivation to run might just be gone.
But my wonderful husband cooked dinner on Wednesday so that I could get 3 miles in on the treadmill before we ate, and I felt so much better.
I got up on Thursday morning and did another treadmill run, so I felt as though I was back on track.
Saturday I ran 10 miles in the wind and cold, and then I came home and did yoga (for the first time in years) and foam rolled too.
Once it warms up a little bit, (warming up is relative - it might get to 35 degrees - if we are lucky), I want to run 5 or 6 miles today. Unfortunately, I have to get a lot of my miles on Saturday/Sunday because I really prefer to run outside and it's still dark in the morning before work, and I rarely get home before dark.
The week ahead -
I am excited that I only have two days of work this week. We've got a family 5K on Thanksgiving morning, which we always enjoy. I also will be getting back on track with my food choices. I've decided that regardless of the people I encounter in my job who are unkind and hurtful, I have the ability to control my attitude about life, and I can choose be thankful and happy with my wonderful family, friends, and life. I can choose not to let their poor choices affect my day.


I hope you can get that run motivation back and for good! Just know we all go through that at times. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mindy! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too!
Delete