I haven't run since Sunday afternoon and a quick 3-miler with my dear daughter. I did walk 3 miles on the treadmill on Tuesday, but my attempts to get back into the swing of 4:45 am morning runs have been futile. I even slept in my workout clothes one night and still did not get up when the alarm went off. I have to do better!
One thing I have been keeping up with is my goal for Jill Conyer's (Fitness, Health and Happiness) 2014 Make a Change Challenge.
When she posted about a three week challenge to make one small change in your eating habits starting January 6, I couldn't wait to get started! (I even started a few days early, on the 3rd!)
In all of my work to lose weight, I've always been most successful when I have tracked my food. However, I typically also begin to rebel and resent having to count every calorie over time, and I quit.
What am I rebelling against? Isn't the whole point of the tracking to help me live a better life? Why would I resent myself for living a healthy life?
Crazy, I know, but sometimes, I am crazy.
So my goal was not only to track every calorie using My Fitness Pal, but also to make it a positive experience, and NOT resent the act of tracking.
I've also been working on not giving up on those days that I end up going over my recommended 1200 calories, but to keep tracking and move on. (Normally, if I had a day that I would go over 1200, I would throw in the towel, and use it as a free day to gorge myself on whatever I had felt deprived of in the previous days).
After seven days, I am doing well. I have tracked everything for one week.
And my Christmas/vacation weight gain is slowly melting away:
Friday 1/3 - 149.6 pounds
Thursday 1/9 - 146.4 pounds.
I'll keep you posted on the challenge! I hope that it will begin a great habit that I can continue on my journey to my goal weight this year!
Thanks for reading!

No comments:
Post a Comment