Saturday, January 18, 2014

Meet Molly!

As you can tell by my lack of blog posts, this week was another crazy one!  I had two evening meetings after work this week, so I didn't have a lot of free time.

I ran 11 miles for Meg today, so I had a lot of time to think and reflect, and I have a lot to share, but I'm going to work on several posts this weekend.  But after my run, the family and I went to look at possibly adopting a cat.

We had a wonderful cat, Phoebe, for thirteen years, and she died in September 2012.  




It took us a while to think about adding a new cat to our family, well, specifically me.  I still tear up when I think about her, and miss her a lot.  But the kids and hubby have been ready for months now, and I finally couldn't think of any more excuses.  I knew that it meant a lot to them.

So today we went to look at cats, and pretty quickly found one to add to our family.

Meet Molly.



She is four months old, and very friendly.  When we first got Phoebe, it took her several days to get acclimated to her new surroundings (that may have had something to do with our rambunctious two-year-old son!).  But Molly has been having a blast this afternoon checking things out and getting to know our dog, Boogie.  


I also think Boogie has missed having a playmate since Phoebe died, because she is having fun too.  Truthfully I'm surprised how quickly they have become friends!

I promise to work on some running related posts soon!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment