Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Do you drink enough water?

I am still recouperating from whatever this was that knocked me out over the weekend.  I'm feeling better, but not 100% yet.  I have an early meeting at work this morning (so there's only time for a quick post today) so I'm hoping that tonight I can try a short run on the treadmill.

When I got up this morning, I was pretty thirsty.  I like to think that I do pretty well with drinking water.  Water is my drink of choice, though I do enjoy one cup of coffee every morning, and I also drink unsweet tea.  But I started to think, do I really drink enough?

I know yesterday I filled my glass (probably a 12-16 oz. one, I'm not really sure) and had it on my desk all day, but I know it wasn't empty by the end of the day.  

I've heard many suggestions for how much water you should drink in a day:

1.  8 8-oz glasses
2.  half your body weight in ounces
3.  12 8-oz glasses for men; 9 8-oz glasses for women

Anyway you look at it, I honestly think that's a lot more than I've been drinking.

So today, I'm going to really focus on this.  My goal will be 70 oz, which for me is the average of the 3 suggestions above.

I'll keep you posted on how I do!


How much water do you drink each day?


No comments:

Post a Comment