Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hot Chocolate 15K Report - Part I

Hubby and I decided to run the Hot Chocolate 15K a few weeks ago.  We had talked about it back and forth since the expo for the Women's Half back in September, because they had a booth there, and they gave hubby some dark chocolate that he really liked.  Dear daughter wanted to run it too, but the start time was early, and I had no desire to argue with her to get out of bed.  Also, if I was going to run, I wanted to do the higher mileage distance, and I knew she would want to do the 5K.

Friday evening, we drove downtown during rush hour to grab our bibs at packet pickup.  It was raining, and since we didn't anticipate much of an "expo" hubby dropped me off at the door to run in and get our stuff so we wouldn't have to pay to park.  I will say it was nice that I could pick up hubby's stuff by printing out his confirmation.  So many of the big races require you to come yourself, and sometimes, that can be annoying.  Thumbs up to Hot Chocolate for not requiring runners to pick up their own packets!

When I arrived at packet pickup, I was excited to see so many race volunteers and no lines!  I took hubby's and my confirmation papers to the counter, the volunteer scanned the QR code and printed a label which was placed on the back of the bib.  I was quickly on my way to the counter with the goody bags.

Hubby and I were excited about the "goodie bag," which was a tech hoodie.  Again, there was no wait and after I showed our bibs, I was given our hoodies, inside a drawstring bag.  (purple for ladies, blue for the guys)  I was also directed to a table off to the side where they had samples of the hoodies so you could try them on and swap out sizes if you wanted.  (smart idea!)

There were actually a few vendors there, but I quickly headed out to find hubby.




So impressed with the race goodies!  The hoodie fit perfectly, and is a really good quality.  

Stay tuned tomorrow for my race report!



2 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE the Hoodie idea!!! What awesome race goodies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were definitely some of the best I've ever seen!

      Delete