Monday, February 17, 2014

The Weekly Chase #4

Good morning!  It's time for the Weekly Chase!  



Here's a recap of the goals I was chasing last week:


#1 - Catch up on things at home.  I am really behind on paperwork type things (filing, balancing my checkbook, etc.)  When I get home from work, I just don't feel like working more, but the procrastinating just makes it worse, because it keeps piling up.  I did start on this goal, but am no where near caught up.  Today I'm off for President's Day, so I'm hoping to get completely caught up.

#2 - Log my food and stay in my target calories all 7 days this week.  I did much better with this last week, but I have yet to complete 7 days in a row.  This did not happen.  I wrote a whole post about it, but didn't publish it.  Suffice it to say, (if you haven't already noticed from reading my blog), I've got some issues with food and my body.  

#3 - Continue my morning workouts.  I am so much happier when I get up and get my workout in.  My plan for this week is the same as last week (M,W,F - walk or bike; T,TH - run).  I did workout on Monday and Tuesday last week, but Wednesday-Friday, I did not.  I'm fighting a cold, and besides just not feeling well, I decided to rest in hopes that I would feel better by Saturday for my 15K.

#4 - Enjoy my first 15K next Saturday.  I'm running my first 15K on Saturday - the Hot Chocolate.  Hubby and I are doing this together, and I just want to have fun.  I did enjoy the race despite still not feeling great, and the extreme cold.  It was a fun distance.  Look for a full race report later this week.


So even though I didn't do a great job last week with my goals, this is a new week.  Here's what I'm working toward this week:

#1 - Spend President's Day getting completely caught up on my stuff at home.

#2 - Make healthy, consistent food choices this week (i.e. stop the cycle of extreme calorie restriction/binging/repeat).

#3 - Stop/reduce the negative self-talk.  I'm constantly criticizing my appearance.  I need to stop this and start appreciating my body for all the things it can do, rather than attacking it for not looking like a perfect ideal body I have stuck in my head.

#4 - Get back to 20 miles/week.  If I am going to have a 1000 mile year, I need to get back to being more consistent with my weekly mileage.

There it is!  Hopefully it will be a better week!

What are your goals this week?  Hope it's a great one!

2 comments:

  1. I love goal #3! You definitely need to appreciate your body for all it can do! You got this Jen! Can't wait to read about the Hot Chocolate 15K! Just the name of that race is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mindy! I appreciate the words of encouragement!

      Delete