Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wear Red Day 2.7.14

I read on Katie's blog at From Ice Cream to Marathon that last Friday, February 7 was "Wear Red Day" to raise awareness about heart disease.  She and Clarinda from Enjoying the Course challenged readers to take a selfie and link up.


I wore red to work, as I spent the day hydrating for half #6 on Saturday.

Heart disease is important to me, as both of my grandparents suffered from this, and my grandfather died from a sudden, massive heart attack.  I remember well the middle of the night car ride to the hospital when I was 10 years old, and my mom not getting to the hospital in time to say goodbye to her dad because he had already died.

I hope that hubby and I, by living a healthy lifestyle, can have healthy hearts and save our children and grandchildren that sadness.  



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up with us! I love scarves, yours is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! It's actually one of my Disney scarves. My students love finding Mickey in some of my scarves!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for linking up! And sharing your story. :-)

    ReplyDelete