Sunday, February 2, 2014

Weekend Update

Good afternoon!  I'm getting ready to sit down and enjoy the Super Bowl with the family, but I thought I'd do a quick Weekend Update!

Yesterday morning, my daughter and I went to the greenway and ran 5 miles together.  It was so nice to have someone to talk to while I ran.  I'm so excited that she's 13 and actually still wants to be seen in public with me!  At least while we are running!  She asked if we could run 4 miles, since we had run 3 a few weeks ago together, but I encouraged her to keep going and finish strong, and assured her that she could do 5, no problem!  And she did!


This was my first run using my new Loopy Case!  I usually carry my phone in my SpiBelt for races, so I have to get it out if I want to snap a picture.  After the great pictures I saw from the Disney World Marathon Weekend, I started asking around if people carried their phones while they ran, and I found that was pretty common.  I don't trust myself to hold the phone without dropping it, so I started looking for some other way, when I found Loopy Cases.

It's a phone case that snaps on, but has two holes where a rubber band fits in that you can slip your finger in to give a little extra security when holding your phone.



I tried it for the 5 miles with my daughter and it worked really well.  I was able to snap a picture, and answer a quick text during my run.

Depending on the weather, I may try it on my next half on February 8, though there might not be much to take pictures of, since this is a pretty low-key race in a state park (not even a medal!) but I'm hoping it will be race #2 in my attempt to be a Half Fanatic.

I had to work on Sunday morning, and my wonderful hubby did the grocery shopping for me while I was at work.  (I love him so much!!)  So I was able to come home, eat a quick lunch, prepare all the food for our Super Bowl party, and get 4 miles in on the treadmill.


Have a great week!   Thanks for reading!




No comments:

Post a Comment