Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekly Chase #2


I'm back again for week two of The Weekly Chase - my chance to reflect on the previous week's goals, and set some new goals for the coming week.  



Here were last week's goals, with my recap on how they went:

#1 - Run 3-4 times.  I thought about saying 20 miles, because that typically is my weekly target, but I'm going to focus on consistency this week.  (The new treadmill will hopefully help this!)  I did run 4 times this week.  My mileage was low, but mostly because I'm tapering for next week's half and I didn't have a long run last week.

#2 - Weight goal - 143.  I've been hovering around 146 this week, and all month I've been targeting 143 by January 31.  No dice here.  I'm still hovering at 146 (or 147).  In my Saturday post, I talked about how I re-evaluated my weight loss goals.

#3 - Log my food and stay in my target calories for 7 days straight.  Again, focusing on consistency here.  Still having consistency problems.  Only logged and stayed in my calorie goal 3/7 days.  

#4 - Spend at least 30 minutes every night (Mon-Thurs) catching up on things around the house.  I've been procrastinating a lot with things like balancing my checkbook.  I need to get my act together!  I did better with this, but only met this goal 2/4 days.


And now, for this week's goals:

#1 - Finish Half Marathon #6 on Saturday.  I'm running my 6th Half on Saturday.  It is a small race at a state park - there's not even a medal.  Very low key, but it fit in my schedule to run three half marathons in 90 days to be eligible for Half Fanatics.

#2 - Log my food and stay in my target calories all 7 days this week.  Clearly, I did not do well with this last week.  But I'm not giving up!

#3 - Get up and workout in the morning everyday.  I've been doing really poorly with this.  During the week, I've been able to convince myself that it's okay to stay in bed an extra thirty minutes, because I can always run tomorrow.  I've set a schedule for this week that has me running Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, but still getting up to walk or ride the bike on the other days.

Do you have goals for this week?  Good luck, and have a great week!  Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Another week of some awesome goals! You can do it Jen!!! Good luck on Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete