Monday, March 17, 2014

I don't hate my race pics this time!

I've got a 10-miler planned for today, and I'm hoping the headache I've had since last night will go away shortly so I can have a great run on this beautiful day.

While I'm enjoying a lazy Saturday morning, I checked on the race photos from my half last Saturday, and was surprised to find I didn't hate them.  (Usually I think I look fat, un-runner like, and generally awful.)






In other news, I almost broke my Lenten sacrifice and got on the scale this morning.  Yesterday I really started feeling like I'm gaining weight.  I don't know if it's my imagination or not.  I kept worrying all day about my jeans and if they were any tighter than usual.  That panic made me resolve to weigh in this morning when I woke up, but when I got up today, I decided not to.  I realized that whatever it says, regardless of that number, what do I have to do today?  I need to eat healthy and exercise my body.  The number could be high, it could be normal, I doubt it's lower.  But regardless of that number, my mission today is no different.  When I thought about it that way, I resolved to keep my promise, stay off the scale, and do what I have to do today.  Period.  

Hubby is running a 50K Trail Race today.  Like I said, I'm going to run my 10-miler today.  I'm on Spring Break this week, so I'm excited to run my first Jost Running virtual race.  I received an email on Thursday from Sarah at Losing Weight and Having Fun that I had won a giveaway on her blog for a free race entry from Jost Running.  I chose the Spring Forward 10K race, since I'm on Spring Break this week and should have time to fit this distance in mid-week without messing with my training for the Derby Half next month.

Speaking of giveaways, I've been really blessed recently to win a lot of giveaways from various blogs.  It's funny, because I've never been particularly lucky, but it seems like that may be changing, at least temporarily!  This month I've got the Color Run on March 29, as I won a free entry from Katie's blog at From Ice Cream to Marathon.  Then I also won a medal hanger from Running on the Wall and some Honey Stinger goodies from Sue at This Mama Runs for Cupcakes.  I decided that since I already have a medal hanger at home, I should hang one in my office too.  Hubby stopped by my office this week to hang it for me.  It's in a corner that's visible to me from where I sit at my desk, but not obvious to people when they walk in so it doesn't look like I'm bragging or anything. 



I'm going to put my virtual race medals on the this one, and keep my other medals at home.

Postscript:  I thought I posted this on Saturday, but apparently I didn't!  Here it is - look for my Weekly Chase post tomorrow!

Have a great week!


2 comments:

  1. Those race pics are awesome girl! You are running strong!!! SO proud of you for not giving in and getting on the scale!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mindy! The temptation to get on the scale hits me every single day! I have not given in though. My clothes still fit fine, so I think I must be maintaining my weight, but there is always that fear that creeps into my head!

      Delete