But first, here's a recap from last week's goals:
1. 20 miles this week, including a virtual 10K and 11 mile long run next Sunday. Almost! I logged 19.7 miles last week. I ended up running my virtual 10K as part of my 11-mile long run yesterday, but I didn't quite get 11 miles in (I had dropped my daughter off at a church activity yesterday afternoon, and went to the nearby greenway to run, and only fit in 9.5 miles before I had to go pick her up.)
2. Continue daily reflection, and get back to yoga, when I'm able. Nope! I did do one yoga workout, and a few days of daily reflection, but not nearly enough to make this goal a success.
3. Make healthy food choices. I'm proud to say I am making healthier food choices, but as you'll read in my goals for the week ahead, I've adjusted my plan to ensure that I stay on track.
And now it's time to share what goals I'm chasing this week!
1. Continue my 1 mile a day streak, and log a total of at least 20 miles, including a 12- mile long run next weekend. Inspired by a blog I did read last week, I decided I want to get back to more consistent exercise. The inspirational post talked about logging at least 1-mile everyday, even if it's just a 1-mile walk on a rest day. So I began this last week, and the consistency really helped. Today was day 7 for me, and was actually the first day that I just logged a walk (as a recovery to yesterday's long run).
2. Keep a daily food log. I think my general goal of "make healthy food choices" is too general, and it's hard to judge if I'm doing a good job (especially since I'm not jumping on the scale everyday). So I started back yesterday keeping a food log. I think just the act of writing it down and making a plan for the day will be helpful with staying consistent.
3. Get back to normal routine and catch up on blogging (and my taxes!). Last week was a busy one, and I was overly optimistic about what I could accomplish over the course of the week. This week I would like to catch up on my own blog posts, reading my favorite blogs, and get my taxes done.
4. Read "Jesus Calling" everyday. I would like to be more consistent with my daily reflection time, and I think Jesus Calling is a good place to start.
Those are my goals for this week - what are yours?
Have a great week!!


Great job with the streak Jen! That's awesome! And I LOVE "Jesus Calling!" Such a great devotional!
ReplyDeleteThanks so much Mindy!
Delete