A little late, but I'm here for the Weekly Chase! We had the day off school and I have been busy trying to take care of everything that I usually don't have time for (like planning our summer trip!). I plan to have a recap of the Kentucky Derby Festival miniMarathon on Saturday up later this week. I did finish, but I was so nervous about it, I completely kept things low key and didn't do much social media while I was in Louisville.
Here is my recap of last week's goals:
1. Rest my foot, but do what I can to stay active. I would say I did this 100%. I stayed completely off the foot for three days, tried to run on Wednesday, but since I was still in pain, I stopped after a mile and a half and rested again until the race on Saturday morning.
2. Reduce amount of processed food I consume. I did a pretty good job with this, honestly, because I planned so well. I'm really proud of how I did with this last week!
3. Strength train at least 2x this week. 50% - I only got one strength training session in last week, and it was great, but I was very sore for several days after. In order to not be sore on Saturday, I elected to skip the second session last week.
Here are the goals I'm chasing this week:
1. Finalize summer trip plans. We've got a family trip planned that is totally out of my comfort zone (it involves flying!). I've put off making reservations because I'm kind of in denial, but it is happening, so I have to just get it done.
2. Strength train 2x this week. I want to make this a regular part of my workouts. I really enjoyed the session last week. It was really challenging, but I know it's very important for my overall fitness.
3. Continue to plan and eat healthy meals/snacks. We are back to crazy weeks now, probably until summertime. With volleyball games, the school play, and a host of other activities, I know it will be easier to grab and go foods that are not always good for me. I want to make a plan everyday for healthy eating, and stick to it!
That's all for this week! I hope you had a great week and are successful at all the goals you try to acheive!

Great job with your goals last week Jen! I hope the foot was better for your race! And congrats on your eating!!! You're doing great!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Mindy!
DeleteAlso..I nominated you for a Liebster award! No pressure…it’s just for fun so I understand if you don’t participate. :-) http://www.roadrunnergirl.com/2014/05/the-liebster-award.html
ReplyDeleteYou are so sweet! Thank you! I will definitely particpate!
Delete