Saturday, May 3, 2014

The Weekly Chase #15

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  We had a busy one!  So busy, in fact, that I was doing my laundry this morning before school, and didn't get a chance to finish this post!  So, it's a bit late, but better late than never!

To review the goals I was chasing last week...

1.  Log all of my food on My Fitness Pal - 7 days - no breaks!  Nope!  I can only say that I did this successfully 1 out of 7 days.  In fact, I need to rethink my weight loss strategies.  It seems that counting makes me crazy!  Maybe I've done it in some form or fashion in my life for so long, that I just rebel now whenever I try, and it leads to binging for me (which you will see evidence of in my weekly weigh in below).  

2.  Try to ease back into running with 3 runs this week. 100%  I went for a short run/walk on Tuesday to test my foot, and it was successful - no pain!  I meant to run on Thursday, but time got away from me (our school had its annual Athletic Banquet, and I didn't get home until late). So I ended up running again on Saturday morning - my "long" run of just 6 miles with 2:1 intervals, and again, I was pain free.  My big test was Sunday morning.  The plan was 3.1 for the 5 by the 5th Virtual Race Series.  I hadn't run 3 miles without walking for a month, so I was a little nervous.  It was a little tougher and slower than a month ago, but I did it!

3.  Finish and post my Kentucky Derby Half Recap. Done.  

Now it's time to see what goals I am chasing this week!


1.  Run 3 times this week.  I want to get back on my training schedule, now that my foot is feeling better.  My next race is a 5K Memorial Day Weekend, and then next month, I am running the RnR Seattle Half.  I want to continue working on my 5K time, so that I'm back to where I was before my injury.  I also want to have some consistent long runs right up until the half in June.

2.  Lose the weight I gained this week.  I was in such a good place by the end of Lent, specifically with how I felt about myself.  But after gaining weight (I'm thinking the gain was due in part to the time off I took from running) I got crazy again.  I even started my crazy scale habits again.  I want to live a healthy life, and be a healthy weight.  I need to figure out how to do that successfully and consistently.

3.  Catch up on my blogging (both reading and writing), especially finishing my Leibster Award post.  I was so honored to be nominated for a Liebster Award by Mindy at Road Runner Girl.  I need to work on and finish my post about it, and catch up on the blog reading I missed over the weekend.

And, lastly, my weekly weigh in:


Last Monday:  147.4 pounds
Today:  149 pounds

Total Loss for the week:  +1.6 pounds

Total Overall Loss (Starting Weight in November 2011 was 192.2):  43.2

No comments:

Post a Comment