So, here are my goals for this week in...
1. Meet my goal of 20 miles this week. I've joined the
sponsored by RUNwithJESS.com. I'm hoping that this will keep me motivated to get my miles in.
2. Follow my training plan. I have never followed an "official" training plan for my half marathons. I usually make my own, which consists of a long run goal on the weekend, and aiming to get as many runs in during the week as I can (though lately, I've not even been sticking with those goals). My next two half marathons are the Nashville Women's Half in September, which I'm just running for fun with my daughter (her first), and what I'm considering my goal race, the Middle Half on October 11.
I've attempted a few plans, but never follow through, with many excuses. Inspired by the quote, "if it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you," I decided yesterday that I need to stick with a plan. So today is day 1!
3. Get up (and out of bed) by 6 am, everyday, starting Tuesday (since I've already ruined Monday). During the school year, my alarm goes off at 4:45 am and I am usually up by 5. This morning I set my regular alarm, but since I've been sleeping in until 7 most mornings, it just didn't happen. So I'm going to baby step it back to my normal time of 4:45.
Have a great week, and I hope you reach all of your goals!


Good luck with your goals Jen!
ReplyDeleteThank you Mindy!
DeleteNice Goals! Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Have a great week!
Delete