Monday, July 21, 2014

Weekly Chase #22

Good morning!  I hope you had a great weekend!  It was a quiet one here.  Just running and spending time with my family at home.  The kids only have two weeks left of summer break.  Every summer seems to go by faster than the one before!

I was a little sad looking at all the social media posts from RnR Chicago this weekend.  We had been at that race the last two years, and the whole family loves Chicago (it's home for me), but we chose Seattle this year instead.  I think we have to go back to Chicago next summer.  I miss it!  

Anyway, here's my recap from last week:

1.  Follow week 3 of my training plan, logging 20 miles for the www.RUNwithJESS.com Summer Run Challenge.  Yes!  I followed week 3 of my training plan and logged a total of 23 miles this week.  I am excited that I have been able to stick to a formal training plan.  I'm a little nervous about keeping up with it once I have to go back to work full-time in two weeks, but I will just have to make it happen.


2.  Stay at or under my calorie target everyday.  Yes!!!  I have been at or below my target calories everyday for 9 days in a row now!  I have set my mind to it, and I refuse to stop now.  I joined Mindy at Road Runner Girl's Dietbet, and this is added motivation for me.

3.  Return to reading "Jesus Calling" everyday.  :(  No, I missed this goal entirely.  I actually forgot that I added this goal and didn't even get the book off the shelf.

Now, here are my goals for this week.  


1.  Continue with week 4 of my training plan, and log 20 miles this week for the Summer Run Challenge.

2.  Stay at or under my target calories everyday this week.

3.  Read "Jesus Calling" everyday.  Trying this one again this week, and I've already pulled the book off the shelf and read for today.

4.  Catch up at work.  I have a lot of work to get done before all of the teachers return to school in two weeks.  I would love to catch up this week, so I have next week as a buffer for those last minute things that just come up.

That's all for this week!  I hope you have a wonderful week and that you reach all of your goals!

4 comments:

  1. Great job Jen! Wow! I can't believe school starts for you in 2 weeks! I'm already dreading the routine of it all...ours starts in 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mindy! Yes, I am not looking forward to dragging two teenagers out of bed early in the morning! They would sleep until lunch if I let them, lol! Enjoy the rest of your summer - it goes by fast!

      Delete
  2. Our kids have 3 weeks left. I'm really glad, they get so bored over the summer!
    I just recently started a devotional from Max Lucado on Ephesians. Somehow I totally forgot to do it last week! If one little thing happens out of the ordinary, it just messes things up. But I'm back on track now!
    Awesome job on completing your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! Mine aren't too bored yet, but my son works, so it's not too much different than when he's in school, other than he has to get up earlier during the school year. Glad you are back on track with your devotional. You are so right that just one thing out of the ordinary can mess up a routine.

      Delete