I decided I wanted to do a weekly "wrap up" type post so that I could share my workouts, weight loss, and anything else that happened over the week. I figured Wednesday was a good day for this, and contemplated my post all day yesterday. But I didn't write it.
I didn't write it because my report would not be 100% positive. I've been struggling with tracking my food with My Fitness Pal. In fact, the last three days have been a total bust. Today, in fact, I didn't count a single calorie.
For whatever reason, I get on a roll and strive to be perfect all the time. And the moment I fall short, I consider myself a failure, and give up.
I need to keep this in mind.
So in the interest of keeping it "real," I decided to share this. I messed up. And I let myself slide for three days. I'm not proud, but I'm not giving up either.
So right now, I'm fixing the flat tire, and I'm getting ready to drive down the road again.
Here's the good, the bad, and the ugly of the last week:
Wednesday, 4/8 - (my birthday! - yummy dinner out - didn't count calories, didn't workout)
Thursday, 4/9 - 1390 calories - 2 mile walk
Friday, 4/10 - 1462 calories - rest day
Saturday, 4/11 - 1495 calories - 3 mile run
Sunday, 4/12 - 1958 calories - 11 mile run
Monday, 4/13 - 1533 calories - 2.7 mile walk
Tuesday, 4/14 - didn't count - no workout either
Weight 4/8: 147.8 lbs
Weight 4/15: 147 lbsLoss of 0.8 this week
Since I'm pretty much two days late on my Wednesday Weigh In post, I've only got 5 more days this week to turn things around. But regardless, I promise to be honest, and not hide away if I don't get it exactly "right." I'm far from perfect, and I think I'm finally learning that it's okay to admit that.

No comments:
Post a Comment