So, I'm back to tracking with My Fitness Pal, and I'm going to stick to 1200 calories a day for the most part, rather than eating my exercise calories, which I was allowing myself to do. I know in my heart that I just don't lose weight when I'm not really strict with calories and pretty consistent about it.
In striving to get my diet back on track, I thought perhaps I was not eating enough protein, so even though I don't really care for it, I tried eating meat again for the first time in nearly a year. After 4 days of light consumption, I came to the same conclusion I had last year when I gave it up in the first place - meat and I are not friends. It made me feel awful. So back to the veggie life I went, and I'm just going to focus on being sure to include lots of non-meat protein sources in my diet.
I had also fallen back into the quick, easy, processed food trap over the past month or so. So, I'm cleaning my act up there as well, and am working to include more whole, fresh foods than I was before. In that effort, I rediscovered that I absolutely LOVE cantaloupe!
YUM!
Also, I've been meaning to introduce strength training to my workout routine. I've finally got my weekly mileage up where I would like it to be, but I still haven't started any type of strength training. So, my goal there, to start, is to strength train 2-3 days a week. I'm hoping I will see a boost in my metabolism once I start building more muscle.
My hamstring is bothering me a bit since yesterday, so I decided to give it a break today and rest. I've only taken two rest days since April 30, so even though I feel like a slacker, I know in my heart that I am taking good care of my body by doing this.
Only 26 days to go until RnR Chicago Half!! I can't wait!!



No comments:
Post a Comment