I got up early this morning, ate my normal breakfast, and waited for hubby to get up. Finally, around 7:30 am, he strolls out, ready to walk out the door, having forgotten totally about our plan. After a bit of discussion, we agreed that we would follow our original plan. We headed over to the park. I brought a bottle filled with cherry limeade Nuun, and something new I wanted to try for mid-run fuel - a Honey Stinger Vanilla Waffle.
I had 10 miles planned for today. Hubby wanted to run about 15, which was fine, since he is faster than me. We both took off through the park. There were a lot of runners, walkers, bikers, and dog-walkers in the park. It's a really nice path that connects to various other parks through the town. It's shady in places, and there is access to bathrooms over at one of the parks near the soccer fields, which was nice, since I usually run through a neighborhood with no bathrooms close by (except my own house).
After last Sunday's half, I decided that I am going to plan on running intervals for my next half in September because I think my time will be much better this way, as evidenced by my time in March vs. last weekend. I know it was hot, but I think starting with intervals from the very beginning (and training with intervals for my long runs) would have helped me finish faster and stronger last weekend.
I set my Garmin for 2:30 run/1:00 walk intervals, and away I went. No matter how far I run, I recognize that I am slow, but I'm okay with that. I finished 10 miles today in 2:15:20 (and this includes stopping to answer a woman's questions about where the trail went and if there were any bathrooms). Last weekend, my 10 mile split was 2:17:56, but I was a lot slower in the last three miles, because I finished in 3:01:57. So, faster today by a little, and I felt good.
Hubby snapped a pic of me post-run back in the car (I know it's a weird angle, but I wanted him to get my new Sparkly Soul headband in the pic).
It was great! Very comfortable and did not budge at all for 10 miles. I can see what all the fuss is about.
Food wise today, I am still on track. I lost 0.2 pounds from yesterday. Here's the day in a nutshell:
Breakfast: Kashi Apple Cobbler Bar & Cherry Limeade Nuun
Mid-Run Snack: Honey Stinger Vanilla Waffle & Cherry Limeade Nuun
Post-Run Snack: Finished the waffle with an unsweet iced tea from Sonic
Lunch: Lemonade Nuun, 1 oz Baked Ruffles, 2 tbsp of Mom's Cucumber Dip, Tomatoes from the garden on 2 slices whole wheat bread with a tablespoon of Miracle Whip Light.
Dinner: Lemonade Nuun, 1 boca burger with 1 slice 2% american cheese, 1 tbsp miracle whip light, sliced tomato, romain lettuce, ketchup, mustard on a lite wheat bun, sliced tomato and cucumbers, 1/2 macaroni and cheese.
Dessert: 1/4 cup of Sea Salt Caramel Gelato.
Total calories: 1301
After dinner we went on a walk as a family. It was a beautiful, cool evening, and it was really nice walking and talking as a family.
Tomorrow will be a challenge I think because I'll be back at work, which is always a stressor and provides me with many excuses to overeat.
Have a great night!



No comments:
Post a Comment