Monday, February 24, 2014

The Weekly Chase #5

Good morning!  It's time again for the weekly chase! 


Here are the goals I was chasing last week, and how I did with accomplishing them:

#1 - Spend President's Day getting completely caught up on my stuff at home.  Yes!  I got so much done on my day off.  Now to just stay caught up!

#2 - Make healthy, consistent food choices this week (i.e. stop the cycle of extreme calorie restriction/binging/repeat).  I did much better with my food choices this week.

#3 - Stop/reduce the negative self-talk.  I'm constantly criticizing my appearance.  I need to stop this and start appreciating my body for all the things it can do, rather than attacking it for not looking like a perfect ideal body I have stuck in my head.  I'm working on this.  I ordered some running skirts, and I didn't think they looked too bad.  (Now I just have to find the courage to wear them to a race!)  I also tried to appreciate my race photos from the Hot Chocolate 15K.  I wasn't very stylish, as I was just trying to stay warm, but I tried to look at the pictures and not think about looking fat, but focus on the fact that I was out there, in the cold, finishing a 15K.

The watermark looks a little weird, but you get the idea.

#4 - Get back to 20 miles/week.  If I am going to have a 1000 mile year, I need to get back to being more consistent with my weekly mileage.  Didn't happen.  I was very consistent Monday through Thursday, and then I got sick.  I took a rest day on Friday, hoping that I would be able to get a long run of 10-13 miles in on Saturday.  I went out and made it about 3/4 of a mile before I knew I had to go back home, that it just wasn't happening.  That's when I laid down on the bed, still in my shoes, and fell asleep for hours.  I slept a lot on Sunday, and am hoping that the extra rest helps me feel better sooner, rather than later.

Here are my goals for this week:

#1 - Don't slack on things around the house.  Spend at least one evening staying caught up.

#2 - Keep up the smart food choices.  

#3 - Run 3 times this week.

I'd like to add a #4 - Not be sick anymore, but I don't guess I have much control over that!  I do need to make sure I get and stay healthy.  Less than 2 weeks until half marathon #3 for my attempt to become a Half Fanatic.  I want that race to go well!

Have a great week chasing your own goals!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on Half #3! Hope you start feeling better soon so that you can finish training nice and strong and CONFIDENT that you'll have a great race. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Clarinda! I think I'm starting to feel a little better, not 100%, but improving. I do need to work on that confidence thing though! :-)

      Delete
  2. Hope you feel better soon Jen! I love that picture of you running! You look great...running strong!

    ReplyDelete