Monday, June 16, 2014

The Weekly Chase #18

Good Monday morning everyone!  I hope you all had a great weekend and Father's Day celebration!  We spent Saturday at my three-year-old nephew's birthday party, took my father-in-law to dinner afterward, and then spent Sunday evening with my dad.

This is an exciting week for us - we leave for Seattle on Thursday!  But before I talk about the week ahead, here's my recap of last week's goals:

1.  Log 20 miles this week.  Yes!  

2.  Log my food on My Fitness Pal.  Honestly, I logged my food 6 our of 7 days, which is a positive improvement for me.  (Thursday I had a really stressful day at work, and in full disclosure, I did stop at the store on my way home and buy chips and dip, my binge food of choice, which I sadly ate with abandon as soon as I made it through the door.)  Looking back at my log, even though I logged 6 out of 7 days, I was still over my calories.  So I'm a work in progress.  I've made logging a habit, I just need to reduce the number of calories I'm eating.

3.  Prepare for Seattle trip.  Yes!  I think we are ready to pack our suitcases and head out west!  I spent the week doing some last minute research and planning to make sure we have a wonderful trip.  We will only be there a few days, so I want to maximize our fun!




Now, here is what I'm striving toward for this week:

1.  Enjoy the experience and finish my 9th half marathon on Saturday - Rock and Roll Seattle!  I'm just now getting my miles back to where they need to be for me to feel prepared, but I know that two weeks is not going to put me in PR contention.  Given that this is a destination race for me, my goal is to enjoy every minute, take lots of pictures, and cross the finish line with a smile on my face.

2.  Log my food on My Fitness Pal, focusing on not eating more than my caloric allotment.  I know this will be a challenge, as we'll be travelling, but I'm going to go for it anyway.  I have to give a shout-out to Mindy at Road Runner Girl.  She posted a pic on Instagram this weekend, where you can see her amazing weight loss, and it's due to her consistency.  It is not rocket science - it's all about eating less calories than your body needs.  

3.  Try to not worry so much.  I'm a bigtime worrier.  Right now I have been worrying about a lot of things - that things will fall apart at work while I'm gone, that something will happen to our dog while we're gone (she's old), that my daughter will freak out on the plane, that we won't get seats together on the plane, getting through security at the airport, that we'll get motion sickness on the Victoria Clipper and be throwing up for three hours...you get the idea.  I'm insane!  I know I need to relax and just Let go, and let God take care of things.  

That's all for this week!  I hope you all have a great week and that you are able to reach all the goals you are working toward!


2 comments:

  1. Those are great goals! I need to get more consistent with my logging of foods, which I've been working on the past few weeks. I hope you have so much fun in Seattle, and really enjoy yourself during the RnR half marathon! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather! Consistency is my biggest problem. I'm working on it though!

      Delete