It's Tuesday, which means it's time to come clean with what the scale had to say this morning. As I mentioned in my Weekly Chase post yesterday, I logged my calories with My Fitness Pal 6 of the past 7 days, but I was over my allotted calories everyday (until yesterday). I really wanted to eat something last night while watching a movie with the family, but I resisted. My goal this week is to not only log my calories, but stay within my allotted calories each day.
Starting weight on 6/3/14: 151.4 pounds
Last week's weight: 149.8 pounds
Today's weight: 149.2 pounds
This week's loss: -0.6 pounds
Overall loss: -2.2 pounds
Goal weight: 120 pounds
Pounds to go: 29.2 pounds
While technically I had a loss this week, I know that if I had been more consistent in staying within my calorie goal each day, I could have lost more.
Last night when I wanted to eat, but didn't, I mentally told myself that it was like a half marathon. Sometimes I will feel as though I just want to give up, but I don't because I want the medal. Achieving my weight loss goals is like the medal at the end of the race. And the only way that I get that medal is by perservering and finishing the "race." I can't quit when it gets hard if I want to cross that finish line.
This week will be a challenge as we will be traveling to Seattle. Eating out for every meal is difficult, but not a reason to quit. The good thing is that it will be an active trip - from running RnR Seattle, to all the walking we will be doing around town.
I hope you have a great week and that you reach all of your weight loss goals!
How did you do with weight loss this week?

A loss is great, even if it's a little bit! I like how you compare weight loss to a half marathon, it really is!
ReplyDeleteI'll be going out of town this weekend, so I'm worried about sticking to my low carb plan, but I'm going to do it. We'll be doing it together! This was my first week doing low carb, and I lost 2 lbs.
Great job on the 2 pound loss!! We can stick to our plan, even when we are out of town! Knowing you have the same goal will help keep me accountable. Have a great trip!
Delete