Happy Monday! I hope you had a great week! We had a wonderful, relaxing week in Florida. Lots of family time. I didn't even mind being sick! Will and I are still getting over this awful cold, though it's not as bad as it was.
We got home from vacation last night. The WiFi at the campground we stayed at was so bad, that I barely got last week's Weekly Chase post up, and though I had planned to catch up on blogging while on vacation, it just didn't happen.
Here's my recap from last week:
1. Follow week 2 of my training plan, logging 20 miles for the www.RUNwithJESS.com Summer Run Challenge. Yes! I followed week 2 of my training plan and logged a total of 21.1 miles this week.
2. Continue to get up by 6am and get my runs in early (before it gets too hot here at the beach). Yes! I did a great job with this. I hope that I'm back to my regular wake up schedule now and will continue my early morning runs at home now.
3. Do not let vacation be an excuse to let my eating get haphazard and gain weight. Log my food everyday and stay in my calorie target. I did not log my food everyday and stay in my calorie target. I did well for about 3 days, but several days were really haphazard. I did not feel good about myself at all after blowing it so badly. But, on the plus side, I actually weighed 1.8 pounds less this morning than I did on the morning we left for vacation.
Now, here are my goals for this week.
1. Continue with week 3 of my training plan, and log 20 miles this week for the Summer Run Challenge.
2. Stay at or under my calorie target everyday. I know that I haven't been very successful with this goal over the course of this year, but I realized this week upon much reflection that my relationship with food is unhealthy, and has been for most of my life. Like an addict of any substance, abstinence is the only way to overcome the unhealthy lifestyle choice. While I can't abstain from food entirely, I can abstain from eating more calories than my body needs. Period. I started two days ago vowing to eat no more than my calorie target. It has not been easy (especially during the long hours on the road traveling back home when the whole family was snacking) but I did it. I will continue on. It is the only path to a healthy life.
3. Return to reading "Jesus Calling" everyday. I was doing really well with this, and then I stopped. I know that this time is super important for my spiritual life, and I want to start taking better care of every part of myself.
I hope you all have a great week and that you meet all of your goals!


You're doing great with your goals Jen!!! Good luck this week!
ReplyDelete