Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Recommitting

For the month of April, I had the lowest miles I had run since last August.  Part of the reason is just being crazy busy, and often times I didn't make the time to run after work.  I decided that I had to make a change, and make sure I got my run in.  So I decided that the only time of day I pretty much had total control over was mornings, and I committed to getting up every morning and running at 5:00 am.  I decided that I wanted to build a habit and not have days I ran and days I slept in, so I committed to a streak for the month of May, where I would run at least 1 mile a day, every day.  I figured when I would normally take a rest day, I would still get up and run a mile.

We are nearly half way through May and I have kept my commitment.  I started getting up in the morning to run on April 30, so my streak as of this morning is 15 days.  I am very proud of that and I couldn't feel better about my running progress right now.

Unfortunately, I have let my food tracking and weight loss get seriously derailed!  I stopped consistently losing weight around Thanksgiving last year, when I hit the 50 pound mark.  I figured maintaining over the holidays was an accomplishment in itself, so I didn't stress too much about not losing in December.  But for the past 4 1/2 months, my weight fluctuates daily and has been as low as 140, and as high as what I saw this morning - 149!!!  I do not want to go back.  Every time I have lost weight in the past, I have always regained it.  I will not allow that to happen this time.

I am recommitting TODAY to suck it up, and get back on track with my food.  I know that I don't have any followers on this blog (yet?) so there's really no one out there reading this, but for me, I needed to make a declaration that I will not let this continue.

I am back to tracking every bite with My Fitness Pal.

I will not allow myself to fail.

I have come too far to go back now.

My goal weight is 115.  I started my journey at 192 pounds.  I have a long way to go, and even once I get to 115 (and I WILL get there), the journey is far from over.  I know how easy it is to slip back into bad habits.

I can do this!

THINK STRONG - BE STRONG - FINISH STRONG!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment